Sunday 23 January 2011

Photography

Previously I posted about a new blog I began in order to track my photography progress.  Makes more sense to me to do it on this one, so I'm ending the other blog. 

To begin again, I purchased my first DSLR camera, a Canon EOS Rebel T2i over the xmas holiday.  I've purchased many accessories and I now have an 18-55mm lens, a 75-300mm, and recently acquired the nifty fifty - 50mm 1.8.  I have hoods for all of them and have ordered filters so my lenses will be protected. 

I've been very busy reading my camera manual as well as using the following resources:
Better Guide to Digital Photography (Jim Miotke)
Understanding Close-Up Photography (Bryan Peterson)
Learning to See Creatively (Bryan Peterson)
Creative Photography Handbook (Lee Frost)
Canon Photography Forum
National Geographic Photo Tips
Fodor's Travel Photo Tips

Copious amounts of notes have been taken!  I've learned a lot the last few days including getting a fairly good idea of exposure settings and what they mean and the results they get. 

I enjoy close-ups/macros (and have discovered they aren't necessarily the same thing) so here is one of my Bristol glass vase using my new nifty fifty
Settings:  1/30 f 9  ISO 100
I set the camera to Av, partial exposure, cloudy



No comments: