Saturday 14 August 2010

Local trips

Danny, Doreen and I have taken a few local trips.  Last week we went to Ayrshire to visit Culzean Castle which sits near a cliff overlooking the sea. While in the area we also visited Alloway which is where Scotland's national poet, Robert Burns, was born. 
Culzean Castle
Burns Heritage Park

Yesterday my newest granddaughter, Allyson was born.  Baby and mother doing very well.  Allyson is, of course, adorable!

Today we took a long bike ride around the Tighnabruaich-Kames-Kilbride Bay area. 

Monday I'm taking a 4 day trip on my own to North Yorkshire to the popular seaside and historic town of Whitby.  I hope to get many photos but the forecast has changed to rain. 

Pics:  Kilbride Bay, Roberts Burns birthplace, Culzean Castle, Kyles of Bute





No comments: