Wednesday 7 September 2011

Photos and other stuff

The end of August is the Highland Games and the one in Dunoon is the largest.  A couple of shots :
In town - no, don't know what they wore underneath

In town where a band was playing
Checking out the tuning before the competition


A couple of days ago we went on a hike near our house. 




























A few years ago I bought a book about Eleanor Roosevelt as I know what an amazing woman she was.  I have finally begun reading that book (volume 1) and quickly became totally engrossed in it.  I ordered volume 2 and just received it today.  






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie, it Mondami from All Things British. Great blog! I have a favorite quote of Eleanor Roosevelt's, as follows" A woman is like a tea bag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water". She was an amazing woman.

Annie said...

Thanks Mondami! Yes, ER was a totally amazing woman!